Top 10 items Meeting Planners want & expect in the aftermath of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the hospitality industry with unprecedented force. Cancellations for meetings & events poured in as states began to enforce stay at home orders and closures for all non-essential businesses. As the country begins to reopen, a new landscape will need to be created for meetings and events.
Meeting planners will want and expect the following 10 items in the aftermath of COVID-19.
- Assurance that public areas are routinely sanitized
- Assurance that guest rooms have had proper cleaning and rooms are safe
- Mask and glove policies for employees that interact with guests
- Touchless service including check-in/check-out process and keyless entry to guest rooms
- Understanding of the new food and beverage sanitation standards
- Understanding of new restaurant social distance standards
- Understanding of meeting room setups with social distancing standards implemented
- Attrition flexibility since for the next 6-12 months it is anyone’s guess on who will actually travel to an event
- Cancellation flexibility if there is a second surge or another pandemic in future years
- Flexibility on guest room rates since for the next few years travel will be considered high risk for meeting attendees